Friday, August 16, 2013

school lunch #1 + trial run


James starts school next week, and I'm going to have to start packing his lunches. I've stressed a ton about this, but thanks to friends and Pinterest, I'm feeling a lot more prepared. Today I decided to do a trial run. It took me 10ish minutes max to get everything gathered and prepared, and I set the timer for 30 minutes to see if he could comfortably eat in that amount of time. I also wanted to see if x amount of food would be enough to fill him up. The trial run was a success! We did change a couple of things, though. Here's the "recipe" for future reference.

Note: the above photo is of the actual first-day-of-school lunch.

INGREDIENTS:
Mom-ables
     12 Ritz crackers (Low Sodium preferred)
     3 slices (with our slicer), cut in half
     2 (1 1/2, really, as I made them for Jolie too) pieces lunch meat, cut with spice lid to get 4 circles out of each
1/3 c ish yogurt
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
(Opt) Treat: 2 Oreos

Spoon
Drink
Napkin

This was plenty of food and very much enjoyed. I had to add to the original number of crackers as he wanted two for each little sandwich. He also wished for more fruit, so I made it a whole piece. Besides that, it went really well! He was full in the end, and he was able to eat start to finish in less than 20 minutes! Trial run success! Yay! I'll be much less anxious about my boy eating big kid lunch without me now. Yeesh, growing up is hard for mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment