Wednesday, February 4, 2009

no-bake cookies


I LOVE no-bake cookies! They're so darn delicious, and super duper easy to make. I used to make them a ton as a kid {pre-teen/teenish}, so I associate them with that part of my life. For example.... in eigth grade, I was in a Speech and Drama class {which was awesome, by the way; thanks, Mrs. Shelton!} and did a "How-To" speech on How To Make No-Bake Cookies. I dropped my mom's nice saucepan in the process, so the memory is bittersweet {i.e. impending doom}, but the speech went great... and... um... yeah, that story really has no climax.

Anyway, a friend of mine {Brittney} made these the other day {which inspired- literally- a happy dance on my part}. That recipe was from her mother-in-law, and who knows where she got it. Perhaps it was an original. Perhaps it was from a box or book. Regardless of its origins, it was scrumptious. I tweaked it just a bit to be more fool proof, but mostly this is the same. Mmm... pour me a glass of milk, baby! We're havin' cookies tonight!



RECIPE: No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cube (1/2 c.) butter
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 1/2 c. quick oats

Directions:
Melt butter. Add sugar and milk. Bring to a boil. Add cocoa and boil for 1-2 min. Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Spoon onto foil and let cool. Then eat up!

Serves: 12
Calories: 130

2 comments:

  1. These are an absolute FAVORITE! They make me think of you- although they never taste as good as yours! But now that I'm officially CRAVING them...and not allowed sweets until Sunday, I think I'm grounding myself from this blog. Sorry. too weak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy stuff! Maybe I will make these AFTER he kids go to bed.
    I'm glad you are home friend!

    ReplyDelete