Wednesday, August 26, 2009

zucchini bread


I told you, we have lots of zucchini around here! :) This recipe is my friend Brittney's. I don't know if it's hers originally or if she got it somewhere (though she probably altered it to make it milk-free; she tends to do that), but it's yummy. I've made it a few times in the past few months. Hm... probably not the best dieting technique. Anyway- try it out. Let me know what you think.



RECIPE: Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla

2 c. shredded zucchini {I did 3.}

3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. nutmeg {I'd do 1/2.}
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2-4 tsp. flax seed meal {My addition- to bump up the Omega3. I swear you can't taste it!}

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix wet ingredients {first cluster} until frothy. Add zucchini. In separate bowl {nice theory; I never do}, mix dry ingredients {last cluster}. Mix all together until just wet- don't overstir.

Grease pans {Pam-spray them}. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon around the pans. Pour the batter mixture into two loaf pans. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and cinnamon.

Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

(If making muffins, bake for about 20 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.)

2 comments:

  1. I love you Becca, and your bread looks freaking delicious, but there is no way I'm making something with A CUP of oil in it. Besides, and I have a weakness for all thing sweet and carby. YUMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, this is the best I have ever eaten. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete