Wednesday, May 22, 2013

vegan chili


I needed to bring a meal to my friend who just had surgery, and it needed to be vegan. It was crazy-hard to come up with something doable and delicious (who knew I ate so much meat and dairy?), but I finally settled on this. It turned out well, I think. I served it with baked potatoes. Turns out cornbread has both eggs and milk. Sheesh!



RECIPE: Vegan Chili

Serves: 8
Calories: 203

Ingredients:
2 15-oz cans Fat-Free Vegetarian Chili
1 can petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can red beans (undrained)
1 can black beans (undrained)
Celery stalk, finely diced
Garlic powder 
Minced onions
Chili powder (easy unless you want heat)
Dried oregano
Salt/Pepper
^^ (spices to taste)

Directions:
Dump it all in a med-lg pot and stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 20+ minutes. Serve warm.

Yummy when paired with corn bread, salad, and/or baked potatoes! Also, if you want to scrap the vegan aspect of it, it'd be pretty delicious (and better looking) topped with cheese/sour cream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment