Sunday, October 20, 2013

the very best banana bread muffins

 

This recipe came from Pam of For the Love of Cooking, who got it originally from Shelley from AllRecipes. I basically followed Pam's recipe, but I was generous with my spice measurements and lazy in my preparation (and I made muffins instead of loaves). Still, they turned out AMAZING!! Seriously, my favorite banana bread recipe so far! Buttery and moist without being too dense or greasy... fantastic rising... perfection. I will definitely be making these again...and soon!


RECIPE: The Very Best Banana Bread Muffins


Ingredients:
1/2 c butter, softened
3/4 c (packed) brown sugar
2 eggs
4 overripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Grease your muffin tin(s). In a large bowl {or Kitchenaid mixer!} beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, and vanilla until creamy. Then add the dry ingredients and mix (don't over mix). Pour/spoon the batter into your muffin tin(s). Bake for 25ish minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!



** Links to original recipe(s):
http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2011/02/banana-banana-bread.html
http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/20144/banana-banana-bread

No comments:

Post a Comment